Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: New JR FPR is in...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Jim.

    I guess I'll stick with what I've got until someone determines it's a problem or creates a "solution" that improves performance.

    Greg

  2. #12
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    CivicR: Now I'm sure Mark Allen will have his JRSC R at SCCA solo 2 nationals in a month. I think I'd give him a run for his money in SM if I could get REALLY high spring rates on my car. He'll tow his car to the event, I'll drive mine, but he's a good driver. Cannot wait to see what a JRSC Integra with a FULL race suspension will do, and if I have any chance of keeping up.

    ------------------
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/integra/
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/aa/
    http://www.groupbuycenter.com/

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 1999
    Posts
    764
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are my observations from the work I've done with my 94 GSR's fuel system:

    The outlet from the fuel rail, the JR adaptor plate, and the inlet to the OE regulator are all about .25" diameter. The valve (or whatever you want to call it) in the OE regulator is where the restriction lies. Looking into the OE regulator's outlet, all the way to the back, the passage reduces to somewhere in the .10" range. By tapping into the adaptor plate and rerouting some fuel around the regulator, I can dial the pressure way down.

    Right now I've got the baseline pressure set to 35psi combined with Venom 320cc injectors.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rafe... excellent !!! How is the car running, particularly at the vaccuum changeover and high in the rev range ???
    Any hesitation... bog... mushy throttle response ???


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 1999
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jim.

    I put a B18B regulator off a 91 teg on and it dropped the fuel pressure @8psi.

    Just another option.

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 1999
    Posts
    764
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jim,

    The car runs great. It starts easily, the idle is smooth, the transition to boost is fine and the high end power is there. Get this: The car runs best when the MAXIMUM fuel pressure is around 45psi! If it's over 50psi the power goes down noticeably and the A/F goes *all* the way rich.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •